Expedition & Alpine forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Them there himalaya's

andrew breckill - on 06 Feb 2013
Now then chaps, been offered a chance of a life time offer of accomodation and guide for Tibet, so means will have a comfy 'base' to set off from, and its going to be a tad higher than I have done int' t'Alps. I am going out in October this year and was wondering on physical and physiological preparations I can do in the mean time. I have some weight to loose (4 stone which I have started on losing). Gear wise, got the same gear that has seen me through scottish winter and alpine summer conditions, I'll list gear I have, some suggestions would be welcome if anything missing. 4 season crux x2 tent, 4 season ME lightline sleeping bag, tailored 3/4 sleeping mat, 50cm ultralight full length thermarest, Rab vapor rise tops and trousers, north face down jacket (I have only used down to -10 and was OK), thick montane smock, merino wool socks, msr xgkII stove, msr pocket rocket, msr titan cookset, kettle and fork and spoon. 2 x large msr fuel bottles, service kit for stove, terra nova leather finger gloves and terra nova mitts. Because I have the relative luxury of a house to return to I will not need to be over burdened with gear, any suggestions as to how make best use of this scenario would be welcome.
... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums