Skiing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Replacing ski boot inners?

Martin W on 22 Jan 2013
I have a much-loved pair of Salomon Axe 8.0 downhill boots which have given me sterling service over thirteen years. However, I am beginning to think that the inners are getting a bit tired. For example, the face material on the inside of the inners seems to wearing out in places. One result of this is that the rough surface on the inners is grabbing my ski socks, making it very difficult to get my feet in to the boots each morning (the inners are always removed and dried each night).

The outer shells are fine, with all clips fully working and minimal wear on the sole (I use Cat Tracks to protect the soles when needed). Also, the right boot has been 'blown' slightly to accommodate my marginally wider right foot. So I'd quite like to keep the outer shells.

Hence my question: is it possible to get replacement inners which would work with these boots? Would it make financial sense, or would it actually be cheaper just to buy complete new boots? The original inners were heat-moulded to my feet (not foamed) when I bought the boots and I imagine it would make sense to get something similar, if possible.

Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome!
... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums