Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - B1 vs B2, Full Leather vs Fabric etc....

craig1983 - on 22 Jan 2013
Decided after doing a good few summer Munros and general walking that I'd like to get out and do some in winter, with the possibility of hitting some snow.

So I took a punt on some Scarpa SL M3s as they were going cheaper than the new model, the SL Activ. The boots felt fine in the shop so I went for it.

I've been wearing them to work and whatnot, trying to break them in before using them on a hillside, and have found that my big toe on one side is just touching the end of the boot when simulating walking downhill. I'm a bit worried that it could do some damage on a long walk!

Would everyone agree that the boots are too small if my toes touch at all?

If so, would there be any advantage/disadvantage to going for a B2 boot? As I'd quite like to progress to low grade winter climbs....albeit a bit down the line!

The advantages I can see so far could be weight and comfort if they are fabric based...the SL M3 is a full leather heavy boot!
Disadvantages? Relying on GoreTex lined boots? Do these linings really last?

Are B2 boots just as comfortable/easy to walk in? The SLM3 is a pretty stiff boot for a B1...

Any advice welcome! :)
... not showing 5 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums