/ PRODUCT NEWS: ROCKFAX Spain : Costa Blanca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Rpckfax Spain : Costa Blanca Cover, 3 kbThe latest edition of the Rockfax Costa Blanca guidebook is now available for pre-ordering from the Rockfax web site at a special offer price of £24.95 (RRP £29.95).

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=5217
RKernan - on 21 Jan 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

Good to hear...but all that I can think of is the hidden gem of Pirates of the Caribbean sector is going to become very busy now... oh well!
In reply to RKernan:
> Good to hear...but all that I can think of is the hidden gem of Pirates of the Caribbean sector is going to become very busy now... oh well!

I doubt that very much indeed. Parle is a brilliant route but a committing 50m free-hanging ab, to rock that might be greasy, clipping bolts that are definitely rusty (and well-spaced) isn't likely to draw the crowds in huge numbers.

Alan
Boogs on 21 Jan 2013
In reply to Alan James - UKC and UKH:
> (In reply to RKernan)
> [...]
>
> I doubt that very much indeed. Parle is a brilliant route but a committing 50m free-hanging ab, to rock that might be greasy, clipping bolts that are definitely rusty (and well-spaced) isn't likely to draw the crowds in huge numbers.
>
> Alan

Rather than disuade me Alan , you have just sold it to me with the ab in alone . So now I need to buy the guide book and a decent r/h ascender .

Bloody expensive this climbing malarky sometimes , most exhilirating though .

:0)

BelleVedere on 22 Jan 2013
In reply to UKC Gear:

aw - too late, i went in Jan. Although i'm sure we'll return at some point.
Chris the Tall - on 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Poor & simple .:
I found that ab absolutely terrifying
Sam Mayfield - on 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Chris the Tall:

You wuss! I jumard all the way up that rope one hot July day! Madness when I got to the lip you can imagine the fun I had! Lol

Sam orange
Rich Mayfield - on 22 Jan 2013

I think there might be two non stainless bolts which will be replaced by me shortly, as for the rest of the bolts Alan they are stainless steel glue-in, or stainless expansions so should be in good order. I'll check them and some of the other lines anyway.

The TOH Bolt fund still has 45 glue-ins left over. That might mean another routes or two!

We're really busy now with the huge new developments at Sella, trying to get atleast 3 lines a week up. Mostly easier routes so they are requiring more cleaning than harder routes.
In reply to Rich Mayfield:
> I think there might be two non stainless bolts which will be replaced by me shortly, as for the rest of the bolts Alan they are stainless steel glue-in, or stainless expansions so should be in good order. I'll check them and some of the other lines anyway.

From what I remember, virtually every bolt we clipped on the route had a rusty nut on it. I took photos of one of the two bolts on the belay on the bridge which were both in pretty poor state. There was also rust on some of the others although they were still safe.

Photo shows one of the belay bolts on the bridge (left) and one of the other bolts (right).

http://www.ukhillwalking.com/images/dbpage.html?id=212141

Alan
snoop6060 - on 22 Jan 2013
> (In reply to RKernan)
> [...]
>
> I doubt that very much indeed. Parle is a brilliant route but a committing 50m free-hanging ab, to rock that might be greasy, clipping bolts that are definitely rusty (and well-spaced) isn't likely to draw the crowds in huge numbers.
>
> Alan

That sounds class.
ads.ukclimbing.com
Sam Mayfield - on 22 Jan 2013
Cheers Alan I'm on the case, looks like the hangers are good but the nuts and maybe the spits have reacted with the sea air. I'll replace them with glue-ins.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.