Any advice on selling old (2003) MTB on internet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave Todd 07 Jan 2013
Has anyone got any advice / experience (good or bad) on trying to sell an older MTB on-line?

I'd hoping / planning to sell my 2003 Orange Sub 5 in the very near future. Obviously it's old, but still a bit of classic (in a Marmite style - some love it, some hate it...) and in pretty good condition.

Anyone got any recommendation on specific sites to list it? Particularly sites with a bit of a 'retro / vintage' slant?

I'm a complete punter when it comes to on-line selling, so any other hints / tips / warnings would be welcome.

Thanks

Dave

MHutch 07 Jan 2013
 Frank4short 07 Jan 2013
In reply to MHutch: Or possibly singletrackworld.com is another place you might get interest in it. Failing that eBay or maybe even here.
 Denni 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Todd:

Is this you Dave?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-orange-sub-5-2003-16-frame-size

Was going to say singletrackworld
OP Dave Todd 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Denni:

Hi Denni

It is indeed! From my limited browsing I thought I'd put it on SingleTrack world as a 'starter for 10'. But I've been amazed how quickly ads get pushed off page 1 and into the wilderness of page 2 and beyond...

Presumably once they're off page 1 then they're unlikely to be seen?

OP Dave Todd 07 Jan 2013
In reply to MHutch:

Thanks...that looks just about 100% right...!

Any experiences with Retrobike yourself?
 itsThere 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Todd: i got a 2003 sub 5 off pinkbike.com in 2011 and double your price for it fast. you can get more or i got ripped off. put it on for more
 quirky 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Todd: Hi. i have just sold a bike on retro bike. Impressed, thought i would get a few quid for it but turns out it was worth a lot more!! usual thing with any forum, some knobs who will offer you next to nothing but all in all, nice people and helpful and guy i sold mine to was a great chap.
OP Dave Todd 07 Jan 2013
In reply to quirky:

Cheers, that's just the sort of optimistic story I was hoping to hear...

RetroBike here I come...!
 martinph78 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Denni:
> (In reply to Dave Todd)
>
> Is this you Dave?
>
> http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-orange-sub-5-2003-16-frame-size
>
> Was going to say singletrackworld

If that was 18" I'd snap your hand off! I remember them, I was looking at them in 2002 but ended up building a ti hardatil. Nice bike, should sell quickly on STW

Han_3 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Todd:
Hi Dave, just seen your 16" bike...have you sold it yet? Would be keen to meet up and give you some cash (for the bike of course).
Hannah
OP Dave Todd 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Han_3:

Hi Hannah

Not sold yet (It's been on STW and RetroBike for a few days now). I'll send you a PM now.

Cheers

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...