Gorge Walking - Llangollen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ebastock 11 Apr 2011
Hi

Does anyone know of any gorge walks around the Llangollen area? I've heard tell that there are a couple in the area but am struggling to track them down.

Thanks
 toad 11 Apr 2011
In reply to ebastock: The outdoorsy place in the town offers it as an activity, but I don't know how far they go to get to wherever they go. You could wade along the canal - it's only 2' deep
 David Hooper 11 Apr 2011
In reply to ebastock: I believe there may be one somewhere betwwen Corwen and llandrillo - maybe have a look at that bit on a map.

There is also BwlchGwyn Gorge and Mines near to llandegla
 Mike Peacock 11 Apr 2011
In reply to David Hooper: Do you mean the Afon Trystion?
http://www.geograph.org.uk/browse.php?p=306388

I think that gets used. Ebastock - if you check it out take some pics and report back. It's been on my to-do list for a while.
OP ebastock 13 Apr 2011
In reply to ebastock: Thanks for the advice. Will try to check it out over the next couple of weekends and let you know if we find anything and what its like.
OP ebastock 14 Apr 2011
In reply to Mike Peacock: Type 'Ben Fogle Gorge Walk' into You Tube and I think this is the gorge you are refering to.
 Fluvial 05 Jun 2011
In reply to ebastock:

I set up a website for gorge walking/ canyoning in the UK there are some destinations set up on there - no registration fee just like people to share their knowledge.

http://canyoneers.co.uk/
 innesmac 05 Jun 2011
In reply to fozmeister:

Hi Foz,

Just trying to find the destination part of your site, I have registered as a user as well.

Also would you like me to submit somewrite ups and pics for the site with some of the lake district and Pennine Ghylls, as well as put a link onto my company website, as hyll Scambling and Gorge Walking.

regards

innesmac

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...