Getting photo printed onto mug

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 01 Jul 2010
I fancy getting a mug done as offered by many photo services e.g. Tesco. Just want a couple of logos and an image printed on.
Any recommendations / horror stories? I don't want to waste a tenner or whatever on something that'll flake off during the first few cycles through the company dishwasher!

Ta
 Little Brew 01 Jul 2010
In reply to Blue Straggler: Mom got one from my Niece for Christmas, bone china mug with my Niece's picture on it... not 100% where it was from but i do know it goes through the dishwasher fine! just make sure the picture is fully sealed in when you collect and it should be fine.
Removed User 01 Jul 2010
In reply to Blue Straggler: It's 10 quid man. Roll the dice!
 teflonpete 01 Jul 2010
In reply to Blue Straggler:

My mum got one done with a photo for my stepdad. It's fine through the dishwasher and hand washing up. I think they glaze over the photo so it's dishwasher safe.

Don't know where they got it done but I think most places that provide that service use a similar process.
 teflonpete 01 Jul 2010
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Blue Straggler) It's 10 quid man. Roll the dice!

Call yourself a Yorkshireman?
 thin bob 01 Jul 2010
In reply to Blue Straggler: do it yourself with a bit of yacht varnish & wash it up by hand ya lazy bugger!!
In reply to thin bob:
> (In reply to Blue Straggler) wash it up by hand ya lazy bugger!!

The office girl has an OCD habit of picking up your mugs when you're not at your desk, and putting them in the dishwasher. I could demand that she leave mine alone I guess

thin bob 01 Jul 2010
> (In reply to thin bob)
> [...]
>
> The office girl has an OCD habit of picking up your mugs when you're not at your desk, and putting them in the dishwasher. I could demand that she leave mine alone I guess

it would probably depend on the picture you put on it as well..... Can't touch dat....hammertime!

( why has no -one done a rickroll with MC Hammer?)
Removed User 01 Jul 2010
In reply to teflonpete:
> (In reply to Hardonicus)
> [...]
>
> Call yourself a Yorkshireman?

I most certainly do not. I'm a Lancastrian in exile...
 Philip 01 Jul 2010
It won't survive as long as a proper decorated mug, but essentially the process is not that different from the transfers used by Dunoon (mug maker) and they have the highest quality glaze in the world.
 teflonpete 01 Jul 2010
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to teflonpete)
> [...]
>
> I most certainly do not. I'm a Lancastrian in exile...

Ahh, that explains your 'devil may care' attitude with cash then. ;0)
 Fraser 01 Jul 2010

Got one done a few years back by "imagecafe" ?) It's not been in a dishwasher, but otherwise fine and as new.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...