Civetta Northwestface, Andrich-Fae or Philip-Flamm???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Heike 07 Jul 2008
Can anyone recommend which one would be the better one to do given you'd only have time/opportunity to do one of those routes. Philip-Flamm seems more historic, slightly harder, gnarlier with slightly less good rock; the Andrich-Fae slightly easier with better rock, but less 'gnarl-factor'. What do you think? Both sound good obviously.
rdharlan 08 Jul 2008
In reply to Heike: ok, take this as the spew banter that it is, given I have not done either route. However I've dwelled on those routes, so basically: do the Philip Flamm if you want the full experience, conditions are good and if you are up to the task; do the Aste-Susati if the PF seems too much for whatever reason. Aste apparently gets dry quickly after rain, where as chimneys up high in the PF become a probelem if wet.
A climber named "Albi" (user name) posted photos from each route on Summitpost. He said PF was way harder, and you need to be fast with a long day. To me the PF is more prestigous.
OP Heike 08 Jul 2008
In reply to rdharlan:
Cheers, I have just checked and the Aste Susasti is 'only' 14 pitches whereas the other two are 23 or 28 pitches respectively. So, I think it's got to be one or the other of the long ones. Not that I am sizist or anything.

Anyone else done any / both of them?
OP Heike 08 Jul 2008
In reply to Heike:
Another bump for this thread...surely there's got to be somebody who has done one of those routes....?
rdharlan 08 Jul 2008
In reply to Heike:
which topo do you have? looks like the Andrich and Aste are closely parallel and identical in length from photos of the wall.
OP Heike 08 Jul 2008
In reply to rdharlan:
AC guide. Anyways, seems the Aste is 600 metres and the Andrich Fae 650m if named climbing. But that still doesn't tell me anything about my original question....
rdharlan 08 Jul 2008
In reply to Heike:
check out this link. You could probably email the guy for more beta, he has done both routes.

http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=209890&type=vote_co...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...