Slate of the Art

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Veronica 08 Feb 2008
Fantastic news! We've managed secure the original Paul William's Slate of the Art audio visual presentation to show at LLAMFF in March. The plan is to get as many people on stage who are in the show to talk about Paul and the slate. We've identified many people in the show but not everyone by a long shot. Are you in it? If so we'd like to here from you, post here or email me for more more details

Mike Raine
 mark reeves Global Crag Moderator 08 Feb 2008
In reply to Veronica: For anyone who is unaware of the slide show, it was at the time the cutting edge of multi-media slideshow presentation, the sheer quality of the photography has to be experienced. It includes numerous historical first ascents, coupled with antedotal stories from the time, and some of the best and worse in lycra leggings and Ron hills.

It captures an era when no one worked, and everybody climbed as part of 'Maggie's Millions', sponsored by the dole check. Having had a quick preview of the show all I can say is if you need one reason to go to LLANFF this year then this should be it. A one off performance of a slide show that has not seen the light of day for over twenty years.

I'd personally like to thank Paul's son for allowing it to be shown.
OP Veronica 08 Feb 2008
In reply to Veronica:

Bobby Drury is one of the 'stars' his website bobdrury.com doesn't seem to be working, anyone know how to contact him?

Mike
 NickD 08 Feb 2008
Oh cool - Slate of the Art is AMAZING! Looking forward to LLAMFF!
OP Mike Raine 10 Feb 2008
In reply to Veronica:

John Redhead just confirmed his place on the couch. George Smith and Trevor Hodgson also confirmed so far.

More to come...

Mike
 SecretSquirrel 10 Feb 2008
In reply to mark reeves:
Sounds interesting, will have to check dates as i'm away for a bit in march but might get to LLANFF this year.
Getting ready for another trip to the quarries before too long anyway, will drop you an email some time soon :0)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...