Salewa . Rucksacks/Tents/Sleepingbags,Any Good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Tim D 29 Mar 2002
I have heard that Salewa gear is supposed to have a good reputation,does anybody have any experiance with their products.ie:tents,sleeping bags,and rucksacks?
Cheers in advance,
Tim D .
Pete A 29 Mar 2002
In reply to Tim D: I've used their salopettes and was well impressed re. their value for money.
 london_huddy 29 Mar 2002
In reply to Pete A:

Salewa gear's damn good value. They basically copy other people's gear with their own fabrics, and make it cheeper. The tents are pretty good, the micro's fantastic for example. I've no experience of the bags or sleeping bags but they always sell well because i've heard no bad things about them. good value generally!
Pete A 29 Mar 2002
In reply to hindu: yeah - my impression over the years has been one of no nonsense, non trendy, no gimmick value.
 london_huddy 30 Mar 2002
In reply to Pete A: there are a few nice little gimmicks...the bags have nice cuts for climbing, and the tents are bloody fantastic to be fair. their stuff is much cleaner than most of the major manufacturers (less clutter on bags for example) so that's why i like it.

just got an arc'teryx bag today though...fantastic but i needed to sell my soul to afford it
OP Tim D 31 Mar 2002
In reply to Both:Thanks for you help.
Tim D.
OP TimD 31 Mar 2002
In reply to Tim Do you know anywhere that sells their rucksack? And also once again cheers for you advice.
Cheers,
TimD.
Mr.Si. 31 Mar 2002
In reply to Tim D:

Tim,

I have a few bits of Salewa kit. I have a set of walking poles, which i have had for about 3 years now. They're good quality, and durable.
There is a lot of this kit on sale in Germany, and it seems to quite popular.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...