Posting skis in UK

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 morganator 22 Nov 2023

Hi folks. I’m about to sell a few pairs of skis but posting them in UK seems the tricky bit. Googling has led to further uncertainty. It seems some companies have very low insurance limits for loss/others expensive. One person recommended UPS. Who has had a good experience posting with which companies please?

GraB 22 Nov 2023
In reply to morganator:

Not skis specifically, but I posted a bike to my brother in Lancaster in the middle of one of the covid lockdowns using ParcelForce. It was collected from home and appeared at the other end the next day. It was the cheapest and most convenient I could find at the time. 

norrisdan71 22 Nov 2023
In reply to morganator:

No direct experience but the excellent Nordiclife.com sent me skis using UPS and they arrived quickly and in one piece. I've recently used Parcelforce to send a bike frame to Sheffield and they were a utter shambles. Possibly a one off as others on this thread report better experiences.

Timy2 22 Nov 2023
In reply to morganator:

I did parcel force via post office counter, no problem

mike123 23 Nov 2023
In reply to morganator: I ve used paisley freight several times for skis  . Excellent service . Scroll down to sporting goods 

https://www.paisleyfreight.com

Lankyman 23 Nov 2023
In reply to morganator:

Royal Mail used to be good but they've gone downhill recently

Babika 24 Nov 2023
In reply to morganator:

It was a few years ago but i was constantly buying and selling skis for my kids on Ebay. I used Hermes (now Evri) to post them all the time without any difficulty.

However secondhand is lower value and I appreciate this may not be the best insurable courier for you for new skis. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...