Paddy Buckley Round - new record

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 greg_may_ 31 Aug 2020

Looks like we may also have a new Paddy Buckley round record.

Matthew Roberts of CVFR apparently taken nearly an hour off Damian Halls time of 17:31 at 16hrs 37 mins

Post edited at 22:08
 Nic Barber 02 Sep 2020
In reply to greg_may_:

Math ran just a few minutes outside of the old record about 3 weeks ago - good recovery!

OP greg_may_ 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Nic Barber:

Yes spotted that, really impressive recovery and improvement!

Roadrunner6 02 Sep 2020
In reply to greg_may_:

Yeah amazed he recovered so well, said he made better route choices this time too. 

I think Kim is going soon (or maybe he's waiting until next year now), Math's made that a lot harder now though. It's certainly slower around this time of year though when the bracken gets up.

DaveHK 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Roadrunner6:

> It's certainly slower around this time of year though when the bracken gets up.

Once you're out the trees the first part of the climb up Moel Hebog is like jungle warfare.

OP greg_may_ 02 Sep 2020
In reply to DaveHK:

Hmmm I was planning to reccy that section on Friday.... may give it a miss. 

Roadrunner6 02 Sep 2020
In reply to greg_may_:

I've obviously not been there for a few years but it used to be bad, chest height type stuff but if you got on the right trod it was OK. At least you are going up hill through the stuff. It's certainly worth recceing that section.

I did the Beddgel Parish Bounds years ago which came down Foel Ddu (I think its called - further west than Bryn Banog), it was a large gully filled with chest high bracken and you couldn't see anything and they were snagging your feet.

OP greg_may_ 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Roadrunner6:

I suspect there will be some sort of line beaten in at this point. Quite  few rounds have gone through of late.  How bad can it be....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...