Cinque torri sport climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 llanberis36 12 Mar 2024

Hi

just planning a visit to cime grande for some mountaineering 

has anyone climbed at cinque torri, just looking at other options if poor mountain weather. Are both venues fairly easily accessible from cortina with a car. Is the sport climbing at cinque torri any good around 6a-6c

cheers

DaveHK 12 Mar 2024
In reply to llanberis36:

> Are both venues fairly easily accessible from cortina with a car.

Yes.

Is the sport climbing at cinque torri any good around 6a-6c

There's plenty of it and the setting is great but I was underwhelmed by the quality of a lot of the sport routes. It's a good plan B for poor weather up high (which is what you were after) but not a destination IMO.

Post edited at 08:16
 LastBoyScout 12 Mar 2024
In reply to llanberis36:

Yes, I climbed there years ago. Easy access by car from Cortina.

Be wary of climbing there in poor mountain weather, though - we had a hasty ab off the top watching a thunderstorm advancing down the opposite valley!

The route we did was a 2-pitch ab, so you'll need to be happy clipping back in, pulling ropes through, etc.

Since I was there, one of the 5 has actually fallen over!

JLS 12 Mar 2024
In reply to llanberis36:

>"Is the sport climbing at cinque torri any good around 6a-6c"

I don't think you go there for the sport. The trad on the towers is where it's at.

For a sport venue at those grade here's a nice little venue a bit further along the road...

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/sass_de_beita_castello_di_andraz-1...

MischaHY 12 Mar 2024
In reply to llanberis36:

We found it quite entertaining on the towers that the multipitches were fully bolted with 316 stainless but the two abseils were enabled with old rusty pegs equalized with knackered polyester cord.

fmck 13 Mar 2024
In reply to llanberis36:

The Trad classics are really good as an introduction before venturing onto the mountain routes of the dolomites. 

john arran 13 Mar 2024
In reply to llanberis36:

From 20 odd years ago my memories are that:

• The sport routes were good but not exceptional
  • Most of the grades were laughable, e.g. a 6c might be given 6a
 beardy mike 13 Mar 2024
In reply to llanberis36:

Might be worth taking a look at Sass Di Roccia at Laste Sass de Rocia

The rock there is higher quality and there are lots of hard routes of that's what you're looking for. Grades are tough though. But I think as a venue it's 100% better than 5 Torri for sport.

beardy mike 13 Mar 2024
In reply to beardy mike:

Laste

Kean 13 Mar 2024
In reply to llanberis36:

Did this a few years ago. Should be what you're looking for if you're after multi pitch https://www.dolomitiskirock.com/sp/it/e/via-finlandia-5-torri.3sp

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...