UKC

Devon Bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Kemball 24 Jan 2024

My copy arrived this morning. I’ve only had time for a brief look, but at first glance it looks superb!

Well that’s this evening’s reading sorted out. 

OP Mark Kemball 24 Jan 2024
In reply to Mark Kemball:

It seems to be every bit as good as I'd hoped. I wanted plenty of easy problems (f5+ and easier) and there's plenty for me - Down Tor looks particularly inviting with 64 problems compared to 36 in the 2017 CC guide. For the harder climber, recent additions in the f8s are included. I don't know the Moor that well, so I can't comment on the accuracy of that area, but I'm planning to find out shortly. Knowing Dave Henderson, and having used the info from his Javu website in the past, I'd be very surprised if there's any serious errors.

My patch, the Culm, all looks good, with a few important additions climbed since the 2020 CC guide included. A minor criticism, the "Earthquake" approach photo (p443)  is now rather dated - it's been a long while since there was a Life Saving station there and there has been quite a bit of collapse at the bottom of the path.

It's interesting that Helman Tor, Tintagel and Northcott seem to have moved to the wrong side of the Tamar, but I can assure you that if you purchase a cream tea at the Northcott caravan, the jam should go on first.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...