What options are there to film iccle birds?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 04 Oct 2023

I'd like to have a cheap camera/webcam thingie filming the birds in and around my Bird Feeders. What options are there please?

Wireless would be nice.

mrphilipoldham 04 Oct 2023
In reply to The Lemming:

Have you got an old iPhone (or equivalent) knocking around? You should be able to set it up outside and stream its camera to another device. Obviously not going to work as a long term, permanent solution if that's your request but as a set up/take down system it could cost as little as nothing

hang_about 04 Oct 2023
In reply to The Lemming:

Sounds like a raspberry pi project to me. I rigged one up one a simple timelapse for that purpose.

You can add PIR sensors (or image based motion detectors although I imagine that will drain the batteries)

Bottom Clinger 04 Oct 2023
In reply to The Lemming:

You could get a reasonable trail cam for about £60. I bought my wife a good one, for use in her school. Great for nighttime and early morning wildlife (mammals esp).  She got foxes, rabbits, mice and hedgehogs. On a bird feeder, you’d get hours and hours of footage, possibly too much to be of use. 

pencilled in 04 Oct 2023
In reply to The Lemming:

my mate at work uses a system called Arlo. I don’t know where it’s from but it picks up his otters and badgers really well. 

OP The Lemming 04 Oct 2023
In reply to The Lemming:

Thanks for the advice 😊

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...