Head cam climbing videos, nauseating.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Seymore Butt 03 May 2024

Just tried to watch Stephano Ghisolphi's latest contribution to u/tube - Titled ' Guess The Route Grade'

The first route is climbed wearing a Head camera which i find, with the climbers head being close to the rock and his head moving quickly in all directions the video makes me feel queasy. I have to just stop the video from thereon.

I mainly quite enjoy climbing videos, but when a head cam is employed i immediately cancel the video.

This is just a personal observation and i wonder if anyone else has a view.

Robert Durran 03 May 2024
In reply to Seymore Butt:

I just think they are almost always pretty rubbish.

alan moore 04 May 2024

I've watched quite a few, trying to gain some beta on a route. Like you say, just a load of wobble-cam, showing neither foot nor hand holds, and interspersed with 5 minute stops to fix a runner.

Those cameras on a stick give a better view of what a climb is like: although even just walking up the stairs gives a feeling of mind numbing exposure!

Fraser 04 May 2024

That exactly mirrored my own experience. I gave up a minute or so into his first route.

john arran 04 May 2024

I once watched a helmet-cam recorded downhill moutainbike ride wearing full 3-d immersion goggles and every time the rider turned his head to check out a bend I came very close to throwing up. Very unpleasant indeed.

This was in a bike museum in Andorra la Vella, which otherwise is highly recommended, particularly for the weird and wonderful historical contraptions!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...