First Ascent, based in Matlock Derbyshire, is a dynamic fast-growing importer and distributor of specialist outdoor brands.
Our brands and customers range across the finest specialist climbing shops, climbing gyms, camping, adventure travel and outdoor retailers.
We are seeking to appoint a full-time person to be a key customer contact, ensuring a high level of service through the entire stock / ordering / sales process.
As a key part of the small team at First Ascent, the post holder will need to be flexible and proactive to manage a mixed and varied workload, to support the efficient day-to-day working of the company.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and process sales orders on the ERP system and prepare orders for despatch in a timely manner
- Raise sales invoices and manage customer returns
- Liaise with customers on enquiries re stock, pricing, availability & delivery requirements
- Process purchase orders on the ERP system, check and receive goods into the warehouse and receipts onto the ERP
- Maintain the warehouse in good order
- Undertake periodic stock checks to ensure the accuracy of stock records
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance of the ERP and B2B systems
- Opportunity to become involved in pro-active sales generation
- Undertake other ad-hoc work from time to time as required
- Well organised and numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Good computer skills, particularly Excel
- Willingness to learn
- Flexible approach to cover the range of activities and duties
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative, but also as part of the team to achieve the efficient running of the company’s activities
- Ability to handle a range of tasks/duties, managing time effectively between these
- Climbing knowledge/experience would be beneficial
- Previous work experience may include purchasing, retail, sales, administration or warehousing. Full training will be provided as necessary
- Have a passion for the outdoors!
Hours of Work:
35 hour week, 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
Starting salary ~£18-22k dependent on experience
25 days holiday p.a. plus bank holidays
Staff discount on the brands First Ascent represent
Application Deadline : 15th February
Please send your application with covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org