Untamed Borders is a small company that leads the way in cutting-edge adventure travel. We were the first company to run ski trips to Afghanistan, the first company to arrange commercial travel to Somalia and the first British company to run trips to Chechnya and Dagestan. We are a dynamic, hard working, small but growing company.
We are looking for someone to fill a varied role at Untamed Borders. The focus will be on Sales and Marketing of our trips but there will be a large variety of tasks. Some will be pretty dull, some will be quite exciting. From managing databases to organising world firsts in the travel industry. There will be a bit of everything.
Someone who is passionate about finding their own amazing travel experiences and who will work hard to give others the same kind of buzz they get when they travel.
We are looking for someone flexible, independent and resourceful to join our small team and help our company grow.
If you are keen to apply then please send us through your CV, along with a general statement outlining any travel and/or industry-related experience that you feel is relevant for this role. Please send your application to email@example.com and state in the subject line "UKC Job Ad". Deadline is June 10th.
Full details of the job are outlined below.
You will have a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Assisting the MD – James Willcox, with his workload and schedule.
• Creating and maintaining marketing and media plan including writing press releases, designing marketing literature, managing social media and organising trade shows.
• Cooperate with clients to determine their needs and advise them of appropriate destinations, modes of transport, travel dates, costs and accommodation
• Book local logistics including transportation, hotel reservations and collect payment/fees
• Deal with any occurring travel problems, complaints or refunds
• Data entry and maintenance of client files
• Network, liaise and research with tour operators
• Maintain statistical and financial records
• Any other adhoc tasks as necessary
• At times, act as a 24 hour emergency contact point
• Attend travel seminars and/or talks on the regions we guide. Keep up to date with tourism trends in the regions we guide.
• Fluency in spoken and written English; multilingualism is a plus
• Experience working for a travel agent, tour operator or other relevant customer service role.
• A personal travel history or proven academic study that includes some of Africa, East Asia, Indian Subcontinent, Russia or Middle East. Ideally in areas where we work and with a history of off-the-beaten-path travel.
• Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Flexibility and the ability to interact, communicate and negotiate effectively.
• Leadership ability
• Must be able to work unpredictable hours
Some of the below are also desirable:
• Experience of managing marketing/press campaigns
• Experience of managing accounts and financial data
• Experience of designing marketing literature
• Experience of website design
• Experience of using Wordpress
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign or other design packages
• Experience as a guide or leading a group.
Basic hours: 40 hours per week.
Location: Amsterdam or UK. We would consider candidates based outside of the areas if the candidate is right.
Pay: £1500 per month
Bonuses: £1000 worth of flights per year
The candidate will be paid as a freelancer providing a service to Untamed Borders Ltd.