Jöttnar produces premium technical clothing for mountain sports. We are a young company, building a high performing team and delivering ambitious growth plans.
With daily responsibility for all marketing outputs, you will directly shape Jöttnar's public face and help drive company growth.
A varied and expansive opportunity for a multi-talented individual.
You will combine a deep understanding and experience of media, content, data and technology with an active passion for mountain sports. Your intimate affinity with the language and culture of the latter will be a crucial driver in how you develop and execute the former.
You will have a well-balanced mix of creative and technical, and be strong in both. This will manifest in an innate sense of brand visual identity and style, combined with highly effective copy writing. It will also be evident in your fluency and experience with key marketing metrics, analytics and best practice. You will regard digital, brand and content as strands of the same thread, and be able to demonstrate effectiveness across the entire marketing remit.
You will be a creative thinker and have the ability and rigour to follow through on the best of your ideas. You will be considered and strategic in your approach and your ability to plan and prioritise will be second nature. Complexity won't overwhelm you. Conscientiousness and an attention to detail will be amongst your primary characteristics.
Large agency or enterprise experience is valued, but you will preferably be coming from a flexible, employee empowered, small to medium-sized consumer brand. Departmentalised approaches will not work here and you will relish the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and being hands-on.
You will lead, co-ordinate and administer the creative and technical specialists within the marketing department, and will report to the director of sales, marketing and brand.
- Create and deliver a multi-channel marketing plan, curating and leveraging all content formats including film, long-form writing and photography.
- Create and deliver seasonal promotional campaigns in both digital and print formats.
- Oversee continued evolution of the brand website, ensuring visual and tone harmony with all other consumer touchpoints.
- Create and oversee the social media plan.
- Deliver Jöttnar event participation (e.g. festivals, pop-ups).
- Organise and deliver studio and non-studio photography and film.
- Create and execute launch campaigns for new products.
- Manage external marketing agencies.
- Analyse the ROI and effectiveness of all marketing efforts and their contribution to sales.
- Track and report on the marketing budget.
- Assist with setting annual marketing goals and budgets.
- Assist with setting and delivering website traffic and conversion goals.
- Assist with brand guardianship.
- Extensive, successful, experience with a consumer brand in a marketing role.
- Active and committed mountain sports enthusiast with a deep appreciation for associated language, culture and place.
- Demonstrated experience with brand, content, digital and social media management.
- Experience in an e-commerce organisation, with associated KPI fluency.
- Strong communicator with demonstrated effectiveness in brand development and community building.
- Highly developed leadership as well as teamwork skills.
- Business awareness and commercial acumen.
- Experience managing external marketing and communication contractors.
- Planning and project management ability.
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth.
Remuneration, Benefits and Conditions
- £45,000 to £55,000, DOE.
- Employee discount.
- 25 working days paid holiday per year, in addition to normal bank and public holidays.
- Our Cardiff office will be your formal place of work, although a flexible home-based arrangement can be negotiated. Would best suit a candidate based in South Wales or South-West England.
Application Process & Deadlines
Please send CV and covering letter to: email@example.com with 'Marketing Manager Application' followed by your name in the subject line.
Applications to be received by 27th August 2021. Interviewing and assessment commencing 6th September 2021. Role commences in line with your notice period, but not later than November 2021.