Join a company that's going places
Ultralight Outdoor Gear is a growing retailer of outdoor clothing and equipment for backpacking, trekking, adventure racing and adventure travel based on Teeside. The company evolved out of a passion for backpacking and a love of the outdoors with the idea to bring the best lightweight kit together.
We are currently recruiting a Customer Service Administrator to join our growing team based in the North East of England. There is a dual focus split between the customer service and business administration elements of the organisation. The post holder will be part of the Customer Service, Showroom and Administration Team, contributing to the day to day working and efficiency of the department and the business.
The customer service element of the role requires the post holder to be the first point of contact for customers via telephone and email. The Business Administration part of the role involves maintaining financial records and back end functions, such as processing refunds and customer orders to ensure accuracy and consistency across all aspects of the role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Resolving customer issues
· Help customers with product choice via phone calls and email.
· Answering general enquiries such as stock, sizing, price, availability etc
· Helping customers with product advice in our showroom
· Carry out customer returns and supplier returns
· Handle warranty cases
· Maintain financial records for the business, such as invoice processing and updating financial spreadsheets.
· Liaising with the Customer Service Team Manager and Team Leader in order to contribute to the efficiency of the Customer Service Department.
· The post holder may also be required to work in other departments from time to time.
· Articulate with excellent written and oral skill
· Efficient time management
· Strong problem-solving skills
· IT literate including good knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
· Willingness to learn
· Extremely organised with a high attention to detail
· Patience and an empathy with customer's needs
· Experience of working within a team environment
· Experience within a mail order business
· Working within a customer service team
· Good knowledge of outdoor clothing and equipment and their technologies and passion for the outdoors and the outdoors industry
· Familiar with accounting processes within a business environment
Accountable to: Customer Service Manager and Team Leader
Liaises with: Customer Service Team
Permanent: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Wynyard, Billingham
Working Pattern: Tuesday – Saturday
1. The duties and responsibilities outlined above are to be regarded as broad areas of responsibility and do not detail all tasks which the post holder may be required to perform
2. The job description may be subject to change in the light of experience and circumstance after discussion with the post holder.
3. The post holder may also be required to work the occasional Sunday.
We are based in the North East of England and are passionate about the outdoors. If you are too, you may be interested to know that we:
· Have a generous staff discount scheme
· 22 days holiday per year, increasing to 25 days with each year of service.
· Allow extra time off and part fund relevant backpacking adventures
· Have a fully funded annual company backpacking trip to Scotland or the Lake District
· Enjoy a relaxed working environment with a casual dress code
If you think this job is for you and you feel that you fit the criteria above, please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com