A pleasant scramble which is never desperate but is reasonably sustained in its initial section. The groove allows you to avoid the problems that Nor' Nor' Gully has to deal with. Follow Heather Terrace to the base of Nor' Nor' Gully.
1) Climb a series of stepped grooves on the left side of the main gully. Continue up the steps until level with the first impasse in Nor' Nor Gully, to the right.
2) A small bay on the left has a quartz slab that heads back left out of the gully to the start of a heathery bay.
3) A path leads up through the heather and cuts back right towards the main gully by an exposed step.
4) From here, take the main gully to where it splits.
5) Take the right-hand fork and climb the left side of a block that blocks the way.
6) Continue onto an easing at a grassy terrace below the gully that North Ridge takes if you avoid the North Tower. You can either head up the gully to gain The North Ridge of Tryfan (p.148) or follow the Eastern Terrace (p.139) left. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
Grade 1/2. Begins at Nor Nor Gully on Heather Terrace. Ascend several grooves on the left of the gully until blocked by a wall. Turn left and climb a slab. Walk up the hillside before regaining the gully. Climb the rest of the gully (choice of line) before emerging at the Notch on the North Ridge.
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents