Varied and exposed climbing that tours the lower section of the Central Pillar. Start at the large clean ledge gained via a steep scramble (roping up advised).
1) 4a, 23m. On the right is a short pillar. From the top of the pillar make a stiff pull to start the long broken corner. Continue direct to a large spike below a short wide crack. Climb the crack and move left along a flake to a belay.
2) 4b, 12m. At the left end of the belay ledge is a steep groove/crack. Follow this past a spike to a belay at some wedged flakes.
3) 4a, 13m. Traverse left with hands on small flakes to the corner - technical. Move up and left to a good ledge and belay.
4) 12m. Move down left to a grass ledge. Traverse left along small ledges to a belay on the arete at some perched flakes.
5) 20m. Follow the short mossy groove/corner above to the top then head up easy grassy ground to a belay. © Rockfax
Connoisseur's Classic Rock, Kendal Wall's Best 100 climbs in Britain, Lakeland's Best Multi-pitch Routes up to HVS, Libby Peter's HS Hit List, FRCC Mega Classics, Lakes Hard Severe and Mild VS, The Long Routes, UK Holiday Plans, "High & Wild" Arc'teryx Lakeland Revival 2019 Ticklist, Steve Ashton's 100 Classic Climbs The Lake District, Mountain Rock, ROCKFAX Lake District: Top 50, Bill Birkett (Classic Rock Climbs in the Lake District) Below E3, Lakes Classic and Hard Rock Selection
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents