There is a loose flake on pitch 6 of Giant's Crawl near the belay - extreme care is needed.
Dates: 1 March to 30 June
Reason: Nesting Birds
Peregrines have been known to nest on the upper section of B Buttress, above Giants Crawl as well as C Buttress. The last time the birds were known to nest was 2014, but if visiting the crag early in the season please be aware that they could return and report to the BMC if birds are seen nesting.
The quartz-flecked ramp that cuts across the buttress is a brilliant line that is one of the best at its grade in the Lake District. It is far more difficult and less enjoyable in wet conditions. Start below the slabs at the base of Great Gully.
1) 18m. Climb easy ground to a ledge and belay on the left below a crack.
2) 20m. Climb the crack then traverse right to a belay on the edge of the ramp.
3) 14m. Take easy ground past ledges to another belay near the edge of the slab before the slab steepens up and narrows.
4) 30m. Climb up through the narrowing then head for a short crack on the right side of the slab. The crack gains easier ground and the end of the ramp. From here it is possible to descend by heading down to Easy Terrace and scrambling down this to the base of the crag.
5) 15m. Go left along ledges until below a corner-crack.
6) 10m. Climb up the awkward crack to a grassy ledge.
7) 20m. From the left end of the ledge, follow a crack/groove to ledges. From here scrambling remains to reach the summit. © Rockfax
Heather's Multipitch Climbs , Darrencabowabo,s hit list , Kendal Wall's Best 100 climbs in Britain , Dow's Classic Non-Extremes , Lakeland's Best Multi-pitch Routes up to HVS , Arc'teryx Lakeland Revival 2017 , The Long Routes , "First Steps" Arc'teryx Lakeland Revival 2019 Ticklist , Steve Ashton's 100 Classic Climbs The Lake District , Mountain Rock , Bill Birkett (Classic Rock Climbs in the Lake District) Below E3 , A Lakeland Apprenticeship , Alternative Lakeland Classic Rock , Turbo-Punter's Tradification , Lake District Multipitch Diff , Dan’s Delights , Top 20 UK Diffs? , Jug My Pants , Dewimpification
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents