Our Microlight jackets have been tried, tested and loved for over a decade. Now, it's time to meet the next generation.
Built for the alpinist, every feature and detail of the Microlight Summit has been scrutinised to ensure it functions seamlessly. High in the mountains, it offers essential warmth at a practical pack size.
Born from the classic Microlight, the Microlight Summit is inspired by innovative new fabric development, Pertex® Quantum Infinity Weave™ ∞. This incredible technology removes the need for glue, heat and stitching when constructing baffles, instead using a weave to increase weather protection and boost warmth.
Inside, each baffle is filled with the highest quality 750FP ethically-sourced hydrophobic down. This allows the Summit to pack down to next to nothing and quickly loft again when needed, even in less favourable conditions.
Worn as a protective outer, or warm mid-layer in cold conditions, the Microlight Summit is versatile and robust with a feature set honed for alpine environments. A two-way YKK zip and stretch nylon cuffs make transitions quick, allowing the jacket to fit comfortably over gloves. A slightly longer fit in the body, harness compatible hand pockets, insulated zip baffle and chin guard all maximise warmth when belaying. Then when conditions worsen, a helmet compatible hood with an internal stretch gaiter protects from wind and improves the fit around face both with and without a helmet.
Available for both men and women, learn more about the Microlight Summit here.
- Weight: 420g in women's 12 / 455g in men's large.
- Available in size S to XXL for men and 8 to 16 for women – long length, slim fit.
- Filled with 750FP Ethically-Sourced R.D.S Certified Hydrophobic European Goose Down.
- Full helmet-compatible hood with laminated brim and flexible polymer peak.
- Internal stretch bound hood seams to reduce hood size when worn without a helmet and internal stretch hood gaiter to seal out wind and improve fit around the face.
- 2-way YKK® VISLON® front zip with insulated zip baffle and chin guard.
- YKK® VISLON® harness compatible hand pockets.
Rab are giving away one men's and one women's model, picking the winners at random from correct answers to the following question: