As winter retreats and spring approaches, we stow our burly winter jackets and heavy waterproofs for another season and start to look forward to longer days with lighter packs. Taking inspiration from the mountains, we embrace the warmer weather but continue to push our limits physically and mentally.
Designed for alpinists looking to do more but take less, the Rab Kaon Jacket combines leading technologies with intelligent zoning to offer warmth and protection without the weight penalty, weighing only 250g in a men's large, and 235g in a women's size 12. Constructed using a range of fabrics and insulation types, every aspect of the Kaon has been refined to balance temperature and maximise performance.
The body and arms of the jacket are filled with high quality 800 FP R.D.S Certified European Goose Down held in a light yet robust fabric called Atmos™, retaining core warmth and blocking icy winds. Hot spots under the arms are made from uninsulated Pertex® Quantum Air to stop overheating and allow full mobility on tricky moves. The synthetic Stratus™ insulation on shoulders, cuffs, hips and sides of the hood boost protection and dry fast when wet. All combined, the end result is a unique, ultralight jacket that proves less really can be more.
- Light yet robust Atmos™ ripstop outer with YKK® calendered front zip for extra wind resistance
- Uninsulated Pertex® Quantum Air underarm panels for breathability
- 800 FP R.D.S. Certified European Goose Down held in a stitch-through construction
- Synthetic Stratus™ insulation on shoulders, cuffs, hips and sides of the hood
- YKK® zipped chest pocket, adjustable hem and low profile elasticated cuffs