Wetherby Overnight Parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 skellymax 23 Feb 2018

Hi,

On my way up the A1 to Scotland on Sat 3rd March and plan to meet up with a friend in the Wetherby area, does anyone know of somewhere one of us could safely leave a car for possibly 1 week.

If it was for a couple of days then we might risk leaving the car on a well lit side street but because it is a week then we are looking for somewhere off the public highway. Dont mind paying a reasonable fee but wouldn't want NCP type prices which could mean a big bill.  

Hope you can help.

Neil

Neil Williams 23 Feb 2018
In reply to skellymax:

A railway station perhaps?  They're not that cheap, but probably cheaper than a city centre NCP.  You might even find one where it's free if it's not a main station.  But check as some don't allow overnight parking.

https://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/wetherby/ can be useful.

Harrogate station appears to be £4/day or £16/week:

https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/stations/HGT#station-info

Post edited at 09:52
 Dave 88 23 Feb 2018
In reply to skellymax:

Lots of haulage firms in the area and a few small independant service stations (bedale for example). Might be worth ringing round a few and seeing if you can give them a bit of cash to leave it in the corner or a yard, no liability.

Edit: just read above, £16 a week in a proper car park seems like a no-brainer.

Post edited at 11:18
 Simon Caldwell 23 Feb 2018
In reply to skellymax:

There's a free public car park by the river. If I remember later I can check whether overnight parking is allowed.

SiWood 23 Feb 2018
In reply to skellymax:

I know of a couple of free parking areas that should fit the bill. Please email me for details.

jkarran 23 Feb 2018
In reply to skellymax:

Just leave it in a housing estate, there's loads of on street parking. I work there and wouldn't think twice about doing so. Alternatively there's loads of free parking a couple of miles out of town on the Thorpe Arch Trading Estate but personally I'd just dump it in town, save the drive (speed cameras everywhere).

jk

Simon Caldwell 23 Feb 2018
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Just checked and the Wilderness car park by the river doesn't have a ban on overnight parking, just overnight camping.

OnceAYearRob 23 Feb 2018
In reply to skellymax:

How about this then... If it's just the one car you can leave it outside my house. 

What better way to integrate yourself into a new community than that?

Feel free to message me. Rob.

OP skellymax 01 Mar 2018
In reply to skellymax:

Thanks folks, some really good info and tips here, much appreciated. Been in touch with the people that manage the train stations and overnight/week parking is possible at Garforth as long as you have a valid train ticket (could  buy a cheap one), it has CCTV so considering this as an option.

Henry Iddon 01 Mar 2018
In reply to skellymax:

Just Park can be good. Basically you pay a small fee to park in someones drive or space.

https://www.justpark.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...