Welsh winter Wiki

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ralfy 07 Jun 2021

Wiki foundry was decommissioned 1st June 2021 along with the Welsh Winter Climbs Wiki. Has anyone got a copy/the information that was on the Welsh Winter Climbs Wiki? 

static266 07 Jun 2021
In reply to Ralfy:

Good spot. The Google cache is still of the original page, some amount of time left to check through the site. I think that a lot of the information was included in the GroundUp winter guidebook and only bits and pieces have been added since, barely used at all in the last 5 years.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://welshwinterclim...

TobyA 07 Jun 2021
In reply to static266:

I added a fair bit regarding the routes I did back in 2017, including photos. It's a real shame if it's gone, because there's actually lots of places where there is very little information in the guidebook, but where well described on the Wiki - Crib-y-Dsygyl the most obvious.

geoff b 29 Jun 2021
In reply to Ralfy:

Phil (Ralfy?), I've got most of the routes information from the Wiki, certainly everything for the Carneddau & Glyderau. Toby, if you'd like info on Clogwyn y Ddysgl drop me an email, I'll happily send you what I've put together over last winter.

Cheers 

Sean Kelly 29 Jun 2021
In reply to TobyA:

Never understand why they never included Lliwedd in the GU publication. Even sports the longest route in Wales, the winter girdle!

geoff b 30 Jun 2021
In reply to Sean Kelly:

Hi Sean,

pp152-3 for the Winter Girdle of Lliwedd I believe

It's a long story as to what was included, what wasn't & why that was, but at least the guide book inspired interest & comment.

Regards

Sean Kelly 30 Jun 2021
In reply to geoff b:

The reality is 4 routes for such a big crag. No classic Slanting Gully for starters!

Oh! I forgot to add, that that girdle is 23 pitches!

Post edited at 22:23

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...