Usual mid November early season routes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ColdWill 01 Nov 2022

So whose ready for the early season routes? Anecdotal evidence and hazy memory lead me to expect a mid/late November bonanza before warmer weather returns and ruins everyone's Christmas plans. The last winter routes I climbed were actually 20 November 2019.

subtle 01 Nov 2022
In reply to ColdWill:

I seem to have grown out of the enthusiasm for suffering early season winter climbs - actually, any sort of winter climbs, a quick look shows my last one was in Feb 18 - although it was a nice one.

Maybe get back to it this year, fingers crossed, but then may have to look at updating worn gear so cost may hold me back.

Hope you do get back into it yourself and have a good season.

Pygmy Ridge must be in soon?

In reply to ColdWill:

not ready for them but I am excited. anything pre Christmas would be a bonus. but I try to not get too amped up about early stuff. just go when I can. no stress that way.

DaveHK 01 Nov 2022
In reply to ColdWill:

I'm looking forward to all the reports of 'good early season conditions'. Which we all know means shit conditions. 😉

OP ColdWill 01 Nov 2022
In reply to DaveHK:

You mean "hard".

DaveHK 01 Nov 2022
In reply to ColdWill:

> You mean "hard".

Or easy because you can see all the placements.

TobyA 01 Nov 2022
In reply to ColdWill:

I had a fantastic day in deep snow under blue skies on Crib Lem (II 2) on Nov 10th 2019. Last year I had to wait until early December to get some routes done on  Brown Cove Crags and then a week later Crib Lem again - but if you're lucky and living south of Scotland you can get some pre Xmas winter routes in.

DaveHK 01 Nov 2022
In reply to subtle:

> Pygmy Ridge must be in soon?

We did it in the dark after work on Halloween once.

Babika 01 Nov 2022
In reply to ColdWill:

You're right. In many years there is a weird cold snowy snap in November before it all goes warm again. 

My son was born 19th November (a few years ago) and we had to dig the car out of a Birmingham car park the snow had buried it. Quite freakish weather. 

OP ColdWill 02 Nov 2022
In reply to ColdWill:

Looking at the forecast we might be talking end of the month this year. In fact I've probably jinxed it already..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...