Trinity Face Snowdon Condition?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Samseabass 01 Feb 2018

Morning all, anybody have any up to date info on Snowdon Trinity face condition? Left hand gully specifically..  Many thanks 

Billhook 01 Feb 2018
In reply to Samseabass:

Welsh Grade 1 scrambles this weekend?        

OP Samseabass 01 Feb 2018
In reply to Billhook:

Also my post! Appealing for further information based on a route suggestion. 

Dark-Cloud 01 Feb 2018
In reply to Samseabass:

I think looking at these webcams the answers are the same as on the other thread you started:

http://www.thewhitespider.com/webcams/snowdonia-cams

Chances of winter climbing on or around Snowdon being on condition this weekend, negligible to nil.

mrphilipoldham 01 Feb 2018
In reply to Samseabass:

As I said in the other thread, gullies won’t be in after a couple of days of snowfall.. they weren’t in on the Trinity Face after two weeks worth pre-Christmas!!

Billhook 01 Feb 2018
In reply to Samseabass:

Sam - its best to watch the weather as well.  That way you'll know whether its been snowing and more importantly if it has wether its melted since.  As you may know we had a couple of days where it reached 12 degrees, which probably got rid of most of it.

static266 03 Feb 2018
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

Parsley fern Gully was in good condition today with firm refrozen snow in the upper half and ice in the lower half. Wandered across the trinity face but only found deep soft snow and unfrozen turf. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...