Tower ridge ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 24 Jan 2018

Looking to get onto tower ridge or curved ridge depending on conditions.

Looking for somebody who knows the route and are available to lead a friend and I some times week commencing 19th Feb.

We have all the gear and have suitable Scottish winter experience.

any takers?

thanks,

pete.

Dave Cundy 24 Jan 2018
In reply to Removed UserPeteclimb:

Begs the question "why not just go and do it yourselves?"  if you have the experience, read up a bit on the route and give it a go.  I did it a couple of years ago.  A few bits required a bit of figuring out but its not that hard.  Go on. Go on, go on, go on!

Sophie G. 24 Jan 2018

suggestion (no offence intended): if you want to find partners this way, put a bit more on your profile. I know it's kind of illogical, because someone could be ultra talented and ultra experienced and have nothing on the profile, and because someone could have loads on the profile and still be useless (or fibbing)... all the same, I wouldn't myself choose to climb with someone whose climbing ability I don't know anything about, and I would take their profile as a starting point for knowing about them.

Post edited at 20:04

By asking the above question, leads me to believe you don't have suitable Scottish winter experience!

Stuart

Brass Nipples 24 Jan 2018

Just get on with it, you have the skills and experience.

pec 24 Jan 2018

As others have said, you have the gear, experience and a partner,  go and do it and by the way, it's really only Grade III

bobpilgrem 25 Jan 2018

In my experience -probably most difficult aspect of climbing either Curved or Tower Ridge if you are unfamiliar with either mountain is safely finding the descent routes -especially in bad weather -sounds obvious but take time to study this aspect before you start the route rather when you are at the top !

Enjoy -both routes are great.

Sophie G. 25 Jan 2018
In reply to bobpilgrem:

Yes. On the Buachaille, be particularly careful of Coire na Tulaich. It avalanches.

Boaby 25 Jan 2018
In reply to Removed UserPeteclimb: Maybe you mean you’ve got enough experience/skills/equipment to be guided by someone else? There’s loads of guides in that area who would do it im sure providing they thought you were up to it. Might cost a bit though! Alternatively you could build on your current experience, get confident leading and route finding etc and when you feel ready, do it on your own. Both great routes!! Good luck 

Post edited at 14:58
 paulh.0776 25 Jan 2018

There's not been many ascents of the ridge logged this winter, is it not "very" in yet?

drunken monkey 25 Jan 2018
In reply to paulh.0776:

It'll most definitely be "in" - probably buried under lots of snow right now.

Have a look at Lochaber MRT's facebook page for an idea of current conditions. They are currently searching for a poor soul missing since last Sunday in Observatory Gully area.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...