The Alan Mullin Story

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dr evil 07 Mar 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to gather writings by the late Alan Mullin. I hear that he wrote a book entitled 'The Alan Mullin Story'. Does anybody have a copy of this? Or any other writings?

Thanks, Grant Farquhar

The New NickB 07 Mar 2019
In reply to dr evil:

Jim Fraser is probably the best person to speak to.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/user/profile.php?id=12759

Jim Fraser 11 Mar 2019
In reply to dr evil:

Been chatting with S. You have no doubt seen the thread on here. I still have my original FAI notes but not sure that adds much. I can tell you a little bit about his early winter climbing in the mid 90s. It's very sad that in recent years we have lost a couple of amazing climbers who would have been able to add so much about when Alan was at the top of his game. See email. 

OP dr evil 12 Mar 2019
In reply to Offwidth:

Thanks, I had some but not all of those. I've now got hold of the book but there were further writings in the SMCJ and On the Edge that I dont have...

65 12 Mar 2019
In reply to dr evil:

Grant you could try contacting Andy Kirkpatrick. He wrote an article about a trip to Chamonix he had with Alan, early 2000s. Either in OTE or Climb. Not written by Alan, but a good story nevertheless.

Gary Latter 13 Mar 2019
In reply to dr evil: 

> Thanks, I had some but not all of those. I've now got hold of the book but there were further writings in the SMCJ and On the Edge that I dont have...

Hi Grant

I've got a complete collection of SMC Journals from 60s onwards - will have a look through the index and scan the relevant article for you. Probably the same for OTE, any idea of which issue and can dig that out also?

Cheers, Gary

OP dr evil 13 Mar 2019
In reply to Gary Latter:

Hi Gary thanks he wrote an article that was published in the 2007 SMCJ called 'Death by misadventure’. If you could find that would be great thanks. I already have his one about Centurion and AK's article. Cheers! Grant

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...