team on engineers slabs today

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 glaramara 20 Jan 2018

Not sure if you got it chaps but you did look cool. We got a distance shot of you, if u want it.

db

JRJG 21 Jan 2018
In reply to glaramara:

Spoke to the team back at Honister Slate mine car park, they ab’d off from the pitch they were stuck after a while unfortunately, didn’t give a reason why. 

They did look daring up there though didn’t they! 

JRJG 

TobyA 21 Jan 2018
In reply to JRJG:

I saw a pic on Instagram from the lads who had tried it yesterday who said they didn't make it up. They might have been the same team who did Bottleneck Blues a few weeks ago and reported that it was much harder than the grade suggested. I did Pinnacle Ridge last winter and want to try one of the harder routes on Gable next, but not too hard! So I'm following the reports of routes getting done there with interest. Were you on PR yesterday?

Footy564 21 Jan 2018
In reply to glaramara:

Thanks very much I’d love to see the pic I’ll drop you a private message. 

We had an amazing day, first out of the car park so took us a while to break trail to the crag, longer than expected. Putting us at the base a bit late.

There were three of us and I moved a bit slow on the first pitch, so we took the decision to Abb off once everyone was at the first belay. If we were in a two we probably would have been more adventurous and cracked on... that’s just winter. 

First pitch was amazing, second and third look even better. I’ll be back! 

JRJG 21 Jan 2018
In reply to Footy564:

Thanks very much for doing the initial post holing ! 

JRJG 21 Jan 2018
In reply to TobyA:

Lots of good routes in condition wasn’t there, some deep snow in places but the turf was great. 

We weren’t on PR, we were on the opposite side, the much smaller Green Gable. 

Fantastic day out. 

JRJG 

Rog Wilko 21 Jan 2018
In reply to Footy564:

How's Engineer's Slab doing resisting the depredations of crampons and ice axes? Just wondering....

Footy564 22 Jan 2018
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I can’t hounestly say I saw any evidence of ‘depredation’ from the last 33 year of winter traffic. 

Maybe The next summer ascensionist could provide a clearer report. 

Simon Caldwell 23 Jan 2018
In reply to Footy564:

That's good to hear. A shame the same can't be said of Manx Wall in Snowdonia.

malky_c 23 Jan 2018
In reply to glaramara:

Glad to hear you got up something

petegunn 23 Jan 2018
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Bowfell Buttress probably wins over Engineer's Slab

Mark Kemball 24 Jan 2018
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Climbed Engineers' Slabs in summer a few years back and Manx Wall more recently. Engineers looked very scratched to me, Manx less so. (As I remember.)

OP glaramara 25 Jan 2018
In reply to malky_c:

A cutting edge ascent of a scottish III Malky

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...