Quintet Beinn Udlaidh

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 k.shark 19 Mar 2018

Organ Pipe Wall (V 5) Organ pipe wall / quintet Beinn Udlaidh anyone else climbed this lately , I thought very steep for a 4 or was I having an off day I have only seen one picture of quintet much steeper just now.

Webster 20 Mar 2018
In reply to k.shark:

not climbed but had a good look at it on the way up to organ pipe wall a couple of weeks ago. looked fair for a 4, yes its steep but you can get a good rest on the right half way up. I think the issue is that south gully of the black wall and quartzvein scoop are very soft for 4! of course ice forms differently  every time so the exact line and steepness will vary, as is the case with any icefall. likewise there will be a difference between taking the line of least resistance and most resistance of at least a  tech grade so it will be partly up to you how easy or hard you make it 

OP k.shark 20 Mar 2018
In reply to Webster:

I took the steepest line on right no side stepping just wanted to make sure I was on right line . As there seems to be a continuation to the gully farther right against right wall . I know ice routes can vary hugely and also if they are stepped out . (only been climbing for nigh on 40 year ) 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...