petzl quark cascade/quad picks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Webster 12 Nov 2019

its the longest of long shots in the history of long shots, but... is anybody still sitting on an unused pair of pre 2010 quark replacement picks?! either quad or cascade. mine are getting soo short now that it must be massively changing the head angle of my axes!

Exile 13 Nov 2019
In reply to Webster:

The caveat for this response is 'I don't actually know' but the Singing Rock Bandit's are a copy of the original Quark, so their picks may fit. Rock and Run were stocking the Bandits, so a phone call to them may be help.

Post edited at 08:40
 LucaC 13 Nov 2019
In reply to Webster:

Kuznia Szpeju make them. 40-46e a pair. I've got a set on my fuels and they are great. Much better than the original metal BD or Petzl use. 

Pay Attention 13 Nov 2019
In reply to LucaC:

Kuznia Szpeju are quick to respond .  

Their picks are great and (luckily for me) they can provide picks that are long out of stock. 

OP Webster 13 Nov 2019
In reply to LucaC:

i am very tempted by them (or equivalent after market versions) for the mixed picks, but for ice the original cascades are hard to beat.

ColdWill 14 Nov 2019
In reply to Webster:

Can you not fit the Nomic pick and just not fit the hammer/adze? Pretty sure you can as I fitted Quad picks to my Nomics by cutting some of the base of the pick away. It's an option

Tim Davies 14 Nov 2019
In reply to Webster:

Outdoor shop in aviemore (the one at the northern end of the street with a cafe) had some a few years ago. 

I found it too awkward finding replacements and bought some new axes- money well spent compared to the older (but still very good ) quarks 

OP Webster 14 Nov 2019
In reply to ColdWill:

for starters i use the hammer and adze, but i have no idea and im not going to take the risk spending £80 on a hunch! but im pretty sure the answer is no without further doctoring.

OP Webster 14 Nov 2019
In reply to Tim Davies:

yeh i remember that. they appear to have been taken over by breamar sports as the website redirects there. they have none listed on that website and im not in a position to go into the store and check. i could phone i guess

gravy 14 Nov 2019
In reply to Webster:

Kuznia Szpeju - thumbs up for these as well - fast cheap good stuff don't bother searching further

OP Webster 26 Nov 2019
In reply to LucaC:

i just had a look at their website and sadly they dont make replacements for the pre 2010 quarks, even the ones which they claim to be compatible with 'Quark 1' are clearly not when you look at the bolt hole configuration  

i think its a copy of the nomic cascade not the quark cascade... i hope nobody has bought some in vain!

OP Webster 26 Nov 2019
In reply to Exile:

nah, very different head shape unfortunatley so no chance

gravy 27 Nov 2019
In reply to Webster:

I bought some of these last year and the bolt holes are definitely in the right place for my pre2010 quarks.  If you want to use the hammer/adze you need the version with the step/flat cut out - there used to be an option for this but I don't see it on the website right now. If in doubt email them.

ColdWill 27 Nov 2019
In reply to Webster:

I'll check this evening but pretty sure they will fit. Could always ask someone else with a Nomic and test fit. 

ColdWill 28 Nov 2019
In reply to Webster:

looking at the Quad and Nomic pick, the Nomic pick will fit the old type 2010 Quark. You will have to file less than a mm off the internal corner of the hammer where it meets central hole of the Nomic pick as the profiles within the head are not quite the same. You will also need a 0.5 mm washer as the cuts in the picks are different depths, the Nomic is deeper.

Very simple job. Of course the teeth on the pick end a little sooner at the head so will look a little different.

Post edited at 20:58

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...