Lost bag Stob Dearg, Buachaille Etive Mor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stob Dearg 23 Feb 2020

Saturday 22/Jan/2020

My rucksac complete with all my gear [rope, rack, harness, orange helmet, spare clothes, cheapo phone [sadly turned off but probably smashed to dust], blue flask, tuna sarnie, Tunnocks caramel wafer etc] got blown off the top of Stob Dearg above 'The Chasm'. Last seen airbourne and heading south west at around 100mph. Final location probably one of the gullies to the right of the Chasm [as you face the crag]. 

It's an old black Osprey Mutant 38. I doubt anything survived. It probably weighed upwards of 12Kg so I can't see anyone climbing off with it so if you find it could you grab the light/valuable stuff for me and let me know and I'll go and collect the rest of bits.

We just topped out and packed away in ferocious winds and a particularly fierce gust took it. 

I'm resigned to the fact it's gone and if recovered it will be smashed to smithereens but that stuff has been with me for some amazing adventures and has great sentimental value so, if you spot it please give me a shout. I suspect it's covered with snow by now and won't emerge 'til May.

Thanks!

OP Stob Dearg 25 Feb 2020
In reply to Stob Dearg:

Now I've got my car back I should add that my car key was in the top of my bag...

Wow,  what a huge faff that was... Since the bag won't emerge now for some months can I lodge this in the UKC memory for recall in the summer?

Thanks folks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...