how long is kinder going to be in for?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 French Erick 01 Mar 2018

A bit of a change for that usually dead boring thread! Have fun out there folks...and think of those not fit for the fun!

FE

mrphilipoldham 01 Mar 2018
In reply to French Erick:

Probably another week at least.. but will that direct pillar ever touch down? It was about 3 inches closer to the ground today than it was on Monday..

tspoon1981 01 Mar 2018

43.75 days

kevin stephens 01 Mar 2018
In reply to French Erick 

Thaw arriving Monday

DerwentDiluted 01 Mar 2018

Is it out yet?

Peakpdr 02 Mar 2018
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

Most of the roads are closed around kinder..

Iain Thow 02 Mar 2018
In reply to Peakpdr:

The Rushup Edge road is definitely closed this morning unless you've got a tractor - knee deep drifts around Mam Tor car park (head high in my lane). Gusting around 60mph I reckon, and steady 40/50. The Hope Valley road is fine, as is the Edale road at least as far as the village.

OP French Erick 02 Mar 2018
In reply to Iain Thow:

à cœur vaillant rien d'impossible!

Misha 02 Mar 2018

Ta bagnole, elle aussi a un coeur vaillant?

Iain Thow 02 Mar 2018

Vraiment. J'arrive eventuellement a mon destination. Beaucoups de tasses de the necessaire. (how do you do accents on this keyboard anyway?)

Credit to anyone who made it to the Downfall yesterday. I took a look outside and went back to the kettle.

Post edited at 14:42
In reply to Misha:

Snowchains and a spade. My only enemy is: distance to the said place, other stranded motorists (I can dig a drift I can't remove a car form the way) and a shot knee (complete acl rupture in left knee)...but I'd be game otherwise ?

Incidentally, my best car on snow has been a b reg polo. it was awesome!!!

In reply to Iain Thow:

wise words and wise decision- so win,win sir!

mrphilipoldham 02 Mar 2018
In reply to Iain Thow:

Merci! ...and dragged a Press Association photographer along for the ride. He was in up to his eyeballs.. literally..

Post edited at 15:41
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

Good skills sir!! Have all my respect (non sarcastically)!

smithaldo 02 Mar 2018
In reply to mrphilipoldham: we did the direct pillar in the crazy cold winter of 2010. It was well below freezing for two weeks though I’m sure  and we couldn’t even get there on skis the first time we attempted to do it the week before. The drifts were totally impassable! Ironically after waiting ages to do it, I probably wouldn’t even bother walking in to do it again as it’s rather short! 

Billhook 03 Mar 2018

Once the roads are passible it will soon be chopped to bits and just a pile of ice chips at the bottom.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...