/ "El Niño weather event likely this winter"
I wonder what this will do for winter climbing in Scotland this year, if it's true?
1. price of spuds goes through the roof
2. Scotland-bound winter climbers unable to afford chips
3. massive malnourishment sets in
4. nothing done in Scotland this winter
> 4. nothing done in Scotland this winter
5. Cats and dogs living together - mass hysteria.
Spuds have done well this year (they have in Cumbria anyway), so they shouldn’t be expensive.
"El Niño has no obvious or strong effect on UK winter weather. Historically, El Niño years have coincided with both mild/wet and cold/dry winters in the UK."
I think it usually means good stable weather in Patagonia. Time to book a flight.....
6. More phone calls complaining about the weather to Mr Al Nino of Nipomo, California.
””Disaster!!! As French Apline resorts adopt British chip shop style approach to catering for spud starved British climbers..... but are unable to get the batter mix quite right!”
> I think it usually means good stable weather in Patagonia. Time to book a flight.....
I thought the opposite was true, ie floods with snow in the high Andes.
The ECMWF has forecast extensive northern blocking, which suggests a cold, dry winter.
> I thought the opposite was true, ie floods with snow in the high Andes.
Patagonia is probably about as far from the high Andes as Scotland is from the Alps!
7. Some wheelie bins gets blown over, councils declare national emergency
8. Someone throws snowball at Tarquin, all schools close
9. Kinder downfall still not in
10. Southerners drive to Scotland en masse and complain about climate change when nothing is in, missing the irony
11. The Führer still furious.
12/ Everybody realises Scottish winter is shite and books in for a weeks steady ice climbing at Casa Alfredino in the Dolomites. #boom #gotmywinterholidaysorted
The 2018 Kendal Mountain Literature Festival programme has today been unveiled, revealing a diverse programme of events featuring... Read more
UKClimbing and UKHillwalking are proud to announce the winners of the 2017 Marmot Photography Awards. An automatic selection of... Read more
Build quality, weight-saving and functionality make the Deuter Guide range the pack of choice for mountain guides and mountain... Read more
A mass volunteer litter pick based originally on the three national high points of Great Britain will this year aim to expand its... Read more