do the new griprests fit the 2nd gen nomic?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
In reply to MrRiley:

I've got the new and 2nd gen ones at home so I'll check when I get in assuming you don't get an answer before then.

joe.91 12 Sep 2018
In reply to MrRiley:

Think I watched a video saying they could Dave, its not long until winter now...

OP MrRiley 12 Sep 2018
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

Excellent! Thanks Martin! Fingers crossed...

OP MrRiley 12 Sep 2018
In reply to joe.91:

Awesome, hopefully they do as I'm sick of the bodge 4mm cord solution for attaching tethers. Reckon the spike will be handy too. Not long to go!

Post edited at 16:22
 Doghouse 12 Sep 2018
In reply to MrRiley:

Anyone know where you can get these?

In reply to MrRiley:

Typically I have 1 allen key a size too small and another 10 of the size that's one size to big, so I'm snookered on trying to swap them.

Side by side though they look pretty much identical. I'm 95% sure they'll fit.

https://image.ibb.co/khocX9/DSC_0440.jpg

Lamb 13 Sep 2018
In reply to MrRiley:

Does anyone know if the new tapered pick weights (MASSELOTTES in Petzl speak) are available anywhere yet? Between the new pick weights, lighter hammer and griprests, I'm not sure anyone needs to buy new Nomics with these new add ons. Saying that, looks like it'll set you back near £70 to buy all three upgrades :o

OP MrRiley 13 Sep 2018

Haha typical, no worries, the picture does look like they would fit no problem. Do you have some inserts for the new nomic handles? Or are they prototypes? The new ones I've seen have a cut out handle

In reply to MrRiley:

Sorry, these were actually the Ergonomics in the picture. It's what I had close to hand. They both take the same bottom grip rest through, so if it fits that then it will fit the V2 Nomics also.

We'll be doing a wee preview article on the new Nomics and Ergonomics in the coming weeks.

French Erick 13 Sep 2018
In reply to Lamb:

> Does anyone know if the new tapered pick weights (MASSELOTTES in Petzl speak) are available anywhere yet? Between :o

Not Petzl speak just plain French. Une masse= mass, masselotte= small mass

I know it must suck to be forever stuck into one language (assuming you aren't a polyglot just to brush all Brits with same brush)

GarethSL 13 Sep 2018

> We'll be doing a wee preview article on the new Nomics and Ergonomics in the coming weeks.

Nice! The distributor here brought some sample models to our festival in Feb, really nice tools... Though one of the Nomics already had a slight wiggle in the head.

> We'll be doing a wee preview article on the new Nomics and Ergonomics in the coming weeks.

Hi Martin,

I'll bet they're sweet, climb every bit as good as originals! The big question is durability, which can only be answered after a few seasons use?

Wonder if their after sales have been upgraded too!

Stuart

Lamb 13 Sep 2018
In reply to French Erick:

Haha, mon français n'est pas trop mal, je fais l'effort en france! I didn't get to the Alps this year so my French clearly needs some brushing up!

Post edited at 21:23
Climber Phil 14 Sep 2018
In reply to MrRiley:

Nope. The new grip rests only fit the new nomics and ergonomics. It says in the link and I’m pretty sure the teeth have a different  seration pattern to the gen 2 nomics. 

Climber Phil 14 Sep 2018

I’m pretty sure they won’t fit. In petzl link it says only fit the new nomic and ergonomic. I’m pretty sure the reason is the teeth on the bottom of the handle are different to the gen 2 nomics 

In reply to Climber Phil:

Ah, yes. Well spotted. It says compatable only with Nomic and Ergonomic, the model number for the Nomic corresponding only to the latest version. Probably won't fit then. 

In reply to Stuart the postie:

Very true. Some of my mates have had Nomics develop a wobble after a few routes! Even at the end of the season then it might be interesting to see how they've held out. I'm very curious about this plastic sleeve insert at the head.

Removed User 14 Sep 2018
In reply to French Erick:

>  Not Petzl speak just plain French. Une masse= mass, masselotte= small mass

It is Petzl speak to write their product names in shouty CAPITALS though, which makes reading product reviews on UKC a bit hard going.

OP MrRiley 14 Sep 2018
In reply to Climber Phil:

Bugger! Well spotted

Climber Phil 14 Sep 2018
In reply to MrRiley:no worries. I was tempted to do the same thing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...