Climbing in Fitwell Backcountrys

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 yodadave 16 Apr 2018

anyone done any Scottish winter climbing in these split boarding boots? Or any pure waterfall ice climbing?

thoughts?

Mike-W-99 17 Apr 2018
In reply to yodadave:

Would be interested too but more to see if they alleviate some of the issues you have in soft boots. They are eye wateringly expensive and I've never seen them in store locally.

gali 17 Apr 2018
In reply to yodadave:

Only Mountaineering in Wales , nothing above II/III was OK, bit cubersome , Walking into splitboard in Wales is a bit awkward . I've done a few weeks touring in them and they are great although I swapped the liner for a better salomon one. Be keen to try Spantiks in the splitboard. 

OP yodadave 17 Apr 2018
In reply to gali:

I currently use old Scarpas that are manta esque but B3 for boot packing in. They are great for walking and climbing but are pretty low relative to my snowboards high backs. I was hoping to get splitboarding boots this year (for boot packing) and then a split board the following year.

Ive also looking at the Deeluxe XVs and the Thirty two jones, but the fitwells look more like a mountain boot.

gali 17 Apr 2018
In reply to yodadave:

don't think the deeluxe or 32's will last as long ! if thats important to you or not. Fitwells are well made

OP yodadave 18 Apr 2018
In reply to gali:

any other split board boots worth checking out for climbing in?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...