Black diamond first shot ice screw guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Coley 23 Nov 2019

Hi anyone know of a shop with one in stock, please? Google has failed me. Thanks

Or if you have one you would like to sell....

Pay Attention 23 Nov 2019
In reply to patsaunders:

or https://www.bananafingers.co.uk/ice-screws/black-diamond/first-shot

How long does it take to learn to make an abalakov by eye?

ebdon 23 Nov 2019
In reply to Pay Attention:

Blimey, this looks like a solution looking for a problem.

nniff 23 Nov 2019
In reply to David Coley:

God's gift if you've got loads to do.  Takes the grief out of making them if you're hanging on the rope and can't really see the angles that well.  Makes it easier to pick the best ice rather than the ice where you can see the angles

OP David Coley 23 Nov 2019
In reply to Pay Attention:

Out of stock 

In reply to patsaunders:

Thanks! 

Ordered 

In reply to ebdon:

I thought it might be good for teaching my kids this winter in the Alps. Not used one myself 

OP David Coley 27 Nov 2019
In reply to David Coley:

It has arrived. Looking at it, I'm impressed. It contains a knife and the hooked threader, so kind of 3 in 1 rather than yet another thing to carry. I can imagine this will be a lot quicker, but more importantly de-stressing when its dark, cold and snowing and you need to drill five v-threads in a row.

However, will not know it works until the next month.

Kirill 27 Nov 2019
In reply to David Coley:

> [...] de-stressing when its dark, cold and snowing and you need to drill five v-threads in a row.

Having tested it in exactly that scenario I found its effect to be the opposite. Instead of de-stressing it adds a few new irritations/problems, but since you already bought it I'll let you discover them for yourself. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...