Beinn an Dothaidh / Ben Lui

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dan-uk 13 Feb 2019

Does anyone know what the snow conditions are like in the Highlands?

I'm heading up to Ben Lui / Beinn an Dothaidh in a couple of days in the hope of climbing some classic gullies but the forecasts don't look good!

How is it up there?  

SimonCRMC 13 Feb 2019
In reply to Dan-uk:

Hi Dan. If you haven't already,  check the SAIS blog pictures. It's not an encouraging sight. (And I'm also in Scotland very soon.)

Simon

nuts and bolts 14 Feb 2019
In reply to Dan-uk:

I would take your rock shoes

Smelly Fox 14 Feb 2019
In reply to nuts and bolts:

Wellies more like...

Jackob 14 Feb 2019
In reply to Dan-uk:

no chance!

OP Dan-uk 14 Feb 2019
In reply to Dan-uk:

D'oh !!

Thanks all ... I guess I wont pack my ice screws then! 

andrew ogilvie 14 Feb 2019
In reply to Dan-uk:

Ben Lui coire looked very thin weekend of the 2nd but looked fuller on 11th but this must have been new snow. It's been very mild for the last couple of days and I guess it'll look black in places now.

leon 1 14 Feb 2019
In reply to Dan-uk: Driving through Glencoe and Tyndrum this morning it was impossible to see the hills due to the low cloud and rain, Its into the third day of rain/drizzle and temps of up to 9c so probably best to expect bugger all. Sorry

olddirtydoggy 14 Feb 2019
In reply to Dan-uk:

Wandering up in a week but temps for Tyndrum are up at 8-10 degrees all week and sunny. 2 years ago was thin but this is crazy.

Allovesclimbin 14 Feb 2019
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

No different to ‘97 and ‘98.  Stella season last year, rubbish this year so far .  Frustrating, but also time yet for later season action. ( I quite enjoy the odd crap season to recuperate!) 

Al

Michael Gordon 15 Feb 2019
In reply to Allovesclimbin:

It hasn't been bad so far (until this latest thaw), though of course not one of the great seasons.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...