Alpine salopettes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Coley 28 Nov 2021

Hi

Does anyone make salaopettes or hi waisted trousers that are easy to take a shit in with a harness on? I guess some kind of rear flap? Thanks 

cb294 28 Nov 2021
In reply to David Coley:

Klattermusen make "drop seat" salopettes, e.g. a model called Freke.

I don't have one, but I do own a Klattermusen hardshell jacket I am quite happy with.

CB

John Ww 28 Nov 2021
In reply to David Coley:

You want to take a shit in them? 🤔😂

Doug 28 Nov 2021
In reply to David Coley:

I have a matching pair of fleece salopettes & goretex over-salopettes from North Face, bought in the early 1990s with appropriate zips. No idea if they still sell them. But you still need to remove your harness to take a dump.

Jeff Ingman 28 Nov 2021
In reply to David Coley:

Poor kit design pushed me towards starting  sewing pastime/business in the early 1980's. Get some superb climbing keks and unpick the arse seem, then get the sewing machine out and put a big zip in there - done. If like me, you only ever get a 30 second warning it will prevent a lot of problems. Short answer - learn to sew stuff

Cheers.... Jeff

Andy Manthorpe 28 Nov 2021
In reply to David Coley:

Buffalo Salopettes.

In reply to Doug:

I had this combo too, brilliant design.

Stuart

mattsccm 29 Nov 2021
In reply to Stuart the postie:

Helly Hansen used to do a nice one piece pile boiler sut thing with a cutved zip. I copied that in to pair of the HH pile salopette. Brilliant. Companies like Endura do such a thing in ladies cycling shorts and tights. Have a look and copy.

Dave_Stocks 06 Dec 2021
In reply to David Coley:

Mountain Hardwear Exposure Bib. Got some this winter super impressed. Also come in cool colours.

https://www.mountainhardwear.co.uk/products/mens-exposure-2™-gore-tex...

DaveHK 06 Dec 2021
In reply to Andy Manthorpe:

> Buffalo Salopettes.

Solves one problem and creates others...  

Babika 06 Dec 2021
In reply to Doug:

>  But you still need to remove your harness to take a dump.

I beg to differ. You need a harness with a clip at the waist for the elastics to the leg loops to undo. 

Otherwise the harness - waist and leg loops stays on 😀 

Henry Iddon 12 Dec 2021
In reply to cb294:

I've the Klattermusen Freke - they're absolutely bomber !  'The Humer' of salopettes.

It's absolutely top quality gear - second to non in my book - but you get what you pay for.

French Erick 24 Dec 2021
In reply to Henry Iddon:

Indeed- £700!!!

https://www.klattermusen.com/en/men/pants/15567m92-freke-2.0-salopette-regu...

Admittedly they do look good although I would be waiting about 25 pictures to commit…personally.

Post edited at 07:24
 hoolabloom 24 Dec 2021
In reply to David Coley:

Jottnar do some fantastic kit, got a set of their hard shell trousers last year which are well made and have a drop seat. 

UK brand as well set up by some Ex Marines. 

https://www.jottnar.com/collections/legwear/products/valdyr-mens-hard-shell...

Post edited at 08:07
OP David Coley 24 Dec 2021
In reply to hoolabloom:

Thanks everyone 

Henry Iddon 28 Dec 2021
In reply to French Erick:

Arc'teryx Alpha SV are £600 and don't look as rugged - and their 'Jil Sander' colab bibs are £1060.

10 years out of the Freke is £70 a year - and they'll probably last longer than that !

ScraggyGoat 28 Dec 2021
In reply to French Erick:

Personally I hate front thigh pockets….. so you could take a ‘0’ off and I still wouldn’t buy them.

French Erick 28 Dec 2021
In reply to Henry Iddon:

I get about 10 years out of my paramo salies (under £300 I seem to remember). I thought it was expensive.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...