A9 Road Closures 22nd - 25th Feb

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simon Yearsley 19 Feb 2019

Ok, so winter looks non-existent this weekend, but if anyone is thinking of travelling north or south through Perthshire, then be aware the A9 will be closed from 8.30pm to 6am 22 - 25th Feb 2019.  Closure is from the Luncarty Junction (just north of Perth) to immediately south of the "Bankfoot Road", the B867.  The official diversion routes are pretty funky, and more amenable alternatives easily find-able with a bit of local knowledge. https://www.transport.gov.scot/news/four-overnight-closures-of-a9-luncarty-...

BruceM 19 Feb 2019
In reply to Simon Yearsley:

Thanks Simon.  That's very useful to know as it's just down the road and didn't even know about it (apart from seeing that something's up with all the cones and the 40mph limit). Cheers.

pebblespanker 19 Feb 2019

Nice one bud saved a frustrating start to the cragging day this weekend

Sophie G. 19 Feb 2019

There's a great little back road from Dundee to Dunkeld that avoids the very boring and no quicker A90/A9 two sides of the triangle. It's a good option in all conditions except frost/ice, because a lot of it doesn't get a whole lot of gritting unless the farmers feel like it. But I'll be blowed if I'm telling anyone where it is. The whole pleasure of this cut-across is that as far as I can see, no one else ever uses it

Post edited at 19:32
Gone for good 19 Feb 2019
In reply to Sophie G.:

I've used it before!! Doesn't it go through Blairgowrie?

In reply to Sophie G.:

.... and it goes past my Deli in Dunkeld! #stopoffforaratherfinebaguette.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...