COMPETITION: WINNER - Win a pair of Five Ten ACCESS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ACCESS Blue Five Ten once 'invented' the Approach shoe category with the introduction of the 'Five Tennie' back in the late 1980. The Access continues this theme, blending hiking shoe performance and support with light and durable sport shoe materials to produce a shoe that is a true all round performer.

Read more
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

These sort of spotty soled approach shoes are terrible for the UK unfortunately. On damp grass they're not much better than climbing shoes.

Simon Caldwell 22 May 2019
In reply to pancakeandchips:

They're terrible for the UK in conditions where there is damp grass to cross, on the sections that cross the damp grass. But if you allow for that then they're great.

So far this year I've worn mine for 2 long scrambling days in Scotland (they were poor crossing the snow on the summit of Ben Nevis, but you'd expect that), and a day climbing a Diff link-up in Langdale. Last year I used one pair as approach shoes for the Talisman (so a good 3 hours walk in, a bit more for the walk out as we took in a few summits), another pair the next day for a 17 mile walk over Lochnagar and some of its tops, taking in a Mod climb and a scramble on the way.

clipstick 23 May 2019
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

what would you recommend for a pair of approach trainer type things that can deal with slippy grass? I use the aescent (old version of the access) for kayaking, and they're fantastic in safety situations when you're running about on slippy rocks, but when it comes to the approach through fields with a heavy kayak on your shoulder they're useless. I have pretty much worn through the tread anyway, so they're just flat soled climbing shoes now  

Simon Caldwell 23 May 2019
In reply to clipstick:

For that sort of terrain I usually wear a pair of fell running shoes - usually a pair of La Sportiva as they're relatively robust. But not much use for scrambling or climbing!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...