COMPETITION: WINNER - Win your choice of a Berghaus Ramche Mtn Reflect or Ronnas Reflect

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ramche Mtn Reflect Action 2 Berghaus has an extensive range of insulated clothing lined up for winter adventures in the mountains. At the heart of the range are jackets that feature water resistant Hydrodown®, with a PFC-free Nikwax® DWR treatment, allowing the down to continue performing for at least 16 hours even when it gets wet. The down is enhanced by warmth boosting Reflect mesh. Reflect is an ultra-light and highly breathable silver mesh lining that sits between outer and inner baffles in jackets and has been designed to redirect heat to where it's needed most in the body, keeping the wearer up to 20% warmer than in products that don't use it.  

Read more
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

Anyone else remember moonbags from the 1980s?sleeping bags built with a similar technology. 

They were shit. 

Ross McGibbon 12 Dec 2019
In reply to Presley Whippet:

Yup. But companies feel they have to have a new 'improved' range every year. At least they do recycling - reusing old concepts and renaming them.....

deepsoup 12 Dec 2019

> ... keeping the wearer up to 20% warmer than in products that don't use it.  

This is like "the science bit" in a cosmetics commercial isn't it?  Where "up to 20%" means "probably about 0.005%"

Tricky Dicky 12 Dec 2019

> Anyone else remember moonbags from the 1980s?sleeping bags built with a similar technology. 

> They were shit. 

That they were!! I had one when I was in the scouts - truly awful........

Hat Dude 12 Dec 2019
In reply to Tricky Dicky:

I had a worse pit in the 80s, a Blacks Highland! Looked fantastic, black with a gold stripe & lettering but totally useless.

I was seduced into buying it by the advert showing Hamish MacInnes in one in a snow hole; I should have realised that he'd have happily slept in a snow hole wrapped in an old newspaper (and probably been warmer too!)

ScottTalbot 12 Dec 2019

I still have one, although the zip is broken.. I take it on campsite trips, for the dog to lay on, it's perfect for that!  

Alex Riley 12 Dec 2019
In reply to ScottTalbot:

I’ve got a more recent berghaus belay jacket with similar tech and anecdotally it is nice and toasty, whether the liner makes a difference or not is hard to say...

seanymck 12 Dec 2019

Still got one in the loft somewhere, kept it in case we run out of roast bags for Christmas Turkeys..

Southvillain 12 Dec 2019

Pah. You buy a space blanket, cut a hole in it so you wear it as a poncho. Then get a down jacket from Trespass. Sorted.

ScottTalbot 13 Dec 2019
In reply to Alex Riley:

> I’ve got a more recent berghaus belay jacket with similar tech and anecdotally it is nice and toasty, whether the liner makes a difference or not is hard to say...

That's good to know! I'd be interested to see how it compares to my Rap Microlight, although I suppose the comparison might be a bit Apples and Oranges.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...