SITE UPDATES: Videos and Saved Content

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 10 Mar 2021

We've completed some updates to the Videos section and added a feature to Save content to read later.

Read more
 Si Witcher 10 Mar 2021
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

typo in the example tag: #grtistone

remus Global Crag Moderator 11 Mar 2021

Really nice set of updates, seems like they lay the foundations for some interesting new usage of UKC.

Im particularly psyched for the upcoming ability to add videos to climbs in the logbook, that could grow in to an amazing resource for beta videos. (Blatant plug) I've done something similar with a little proj of mine https://climbing-history.org/ by adding vids for historically interesting ascents and kept thinking how cool it would be to expand it out to cover general beta vids. Frankly it was too far out of the scope of the rest of the project and I didn't fancy getting in to the business of cataloging all climbs a la UKC (which is obviously a pre-requisite).

George Frisby 11 Mar 2021

Great update, videos for climbs on the logbooks, even if it just links to the videos which are hosted on YouTube, would be really good too.

In reply to Si Witcher:

> typo in the example tag: #grtistone

I think this has been updated now, but can only put down the error to the fact that neither Paul or Andy have touched gritstone in a long, long time as a result of the latest lockdown. No doubt their spelling will improve again once they're allowed back outside

Will Hunt 11 Mar 2021

Will the function to link videos to climbs in the logbooks be usable with videos hosted on Youtube/Vimeo/Instragram? It sounds worryingly like it'll only work with videos that have been uploaded to UKC..?

In reply to Will Hunt:

The climb/crag linking will ONLY work with videos uploaded to Youtube, Vimeo and Instagram.

Will Hunt 11 Mar 2021
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Thank God. Can't happen soon enough! Thanks for adding the feature (and thanks to Ed for piloting it...).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...