SKILLS: Photography for Scramblers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH Articles 29 Sep 2017
The Cuillin through a fisheye lens - the distortion accentuates the steepness and drama!, 5 kbScrambling may be one of the most exciting ways to enjoy the hills, but it's hard to shoot quality images that really capture the feel. For action photos that fizz try these tips from adventure photographer Nadir Khan.

Read more
 Mal Grey 29 Sep 2017
In reply to UKH Articles:

Excellent article, I must confess I've never thought of scrambling photography as a specific different category. The images in the article are superb, as you'd expect from Nadir.

Also interesting to hear he often uses quite a high ISO (800 upwards), as this is something I find I do a lot to keep up the shutter speed when bobbing about in a canoe. The result is often the narrow depth of field that is so effective in a coupe of his shots. Obviously this isn't always, or even often, the desired result but I am quite partial to it.

Sean Kelly 05 Oct 2017
In reply to UKH Articles:

Yes a cracking little article. My mantra about getting people in bright clothing is an ongoing thing. Also as is directing the action and most folks don't mind especially if they think you'll post them a pic. I'd add that generally it's better to be out in front so as to look back to get the faces of climbers rather than backsides. Also on really grey days think of converting to B&W. Lovely pics to illustrate the article.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...