ARTICLE: Marmot Photography Awards 2021 - Category Finalists

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

UKClimbing and UKHillwalking are proud to announce the category finalists for the 2021 Marmot Photography Awards.

Read more

Tom Green 18 Jan 2022
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

Any chance the images can all be the same size? Having just skimmed through the article I reached the end and realised that my favourite in pretty much every category was the last photo, which also happens to be about twice the size of the others. It seems a bit too much of a coincidence, so I suspect it's that most images work better when they are bigger! It may just be me, but if not, then it's a bit unfair!

In reply to Tom Green:

Hi Tom, there's a little message at the start of photos noting that the order is randomised - I'll make that more obvious. Unfortunately, due to the different sizes of the photos and the layout, there's no way of making all the images the same size without cropping them.

I'd suggest clicking on them and making them all fullscreen.

Thanks, 

Nick

Tom Green 18 Jan 2022
In reply to Nick Brown - UKC:

Fair enough -I did notice the randomiser thing when I went back through the article.

And once I'd realised that I was being biased by the image size I did go through them all enlarged. But if I had been voting as I went through the article first time round it would have been too late to change my votes by the time I'd realised that I was being biased by the size (and I did totally change my favourites in all but one class when all of the pictures were a similar size!)

I know you can't make the images exactly the same size, but stopping the fifth image of each class being approximately twice the size of the previous four should be possible?

It might just be me though, so feel free to ignore!

Tom Green 18 Jan 2022

Also, thanks for the quick response. 

In reply to Tom Green:

Our techies have had a little look and the fifth photo should be a similar size now.

Cheers!

Nick

Tom Green 18 Jan 2022

Brilliant. Thanks Nick. 

On another note, what a stunning selection of photos this year. The standout categories for me are probably Hillwalking and Landscape. Well done, everybody!

Sean Kelly 18 Jan 2022

Voted. A varied selection to choose from. Deciding an overall winner is no easy task! Best of luck to everyone.

Tom Last 22 Jan 2022

Amazing pics. Nice to be nominated. Thanks folks  

In reply to Tom Last:

It's the last couple of days of voting on this - it'd be great if everyone could vote for their favourites.

Thanks, 

Nick

Pottsy84 17 Feb 2022

Feels a bit mean to have to grade with stars...with the exception of only a couple that didn't do it for me they're all fantastic shots, and I find myself having to give 3 or even 2 stars when they're clearly worth more just to differentiate from the ones that really struck me! Maybe ranking 1st - 5th would feel a bit kinder next time!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...