DIGITAL FEATURE: Marmot Photography Awards 2018

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Marmot Photography Awards 2018 UKC and UKH are proud to announce the winners of the 2018 Marmot Photography Awards. An automatic selection of five photos from each of the categories on site was made based on the votes from the previous 12 months. Users were then asked to vote for the overall winners of each category from this selection. In addition to the category awards, we also have three overall winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd), which were selected by professional photographer Tim Glasby.

Read more
 lucozade 12 Apr 2019
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

Cracking set of images. Well done to all involved! 

James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 12 Apr 2019

Congratulations to everyone that took part and a big thanks to Tim Glasby for judging once again. Lots of familiar names amongst the winners but also some new ones which is great. The standard of photography on UKC has just kept going up recently and I always look forward to the early week postings to see what people have come up with. Certainly I find myself having to work harder and harder which is great.

I find the dynamic very different (and much better) than many photography websites - here technically imperfect photos often do really well because they tell a story or remind someone of a route they’ve done, or experiences shared, which is ultimately (after fun) what photography is all about.

Congratulations to everyone again.   

pneame 13 Apr 2019

Really great photos - it's great to get the full backstory behind each picture. Makes them even better. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...