NEWS: Kendal Mountain Festival - Tickets Now On Sale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 30 Oct 2020

Kendal Mountain Festival celebrates its 40th anniversary, moving its spectacular line-up of films, live events, guest speakers and literature programme online. The UK's biggest outdoor event showcases its unique spirit online for the first time ever, connecting individuals with soul-stirring stories and inspirational content for 10 thrilling days

Tickets are now on sale - get yours booked now!

Read more
 Kalna_kaza 30 Oct 2020
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

I really enjoy the KMF, but when they are trying to charge these prices for online only events it makes me laugh. 

Hands up who's happy to spend money on attending KMF, going to a gig or watching a film in a cinema. Probably most because there is the intangible experience factor. Hands up who would pay to see the same thing on YouTube?  Not so many.

Tyler 30 Oct 2020
In reply to Kalna_kaza:

> I really enjoy the KMF, but when they are trying to charge these prices for online only events it makes me laugh. 

> Hands up who's happy to spend money on attending KMF, going to a gig or watching a film in a cinema. Probably most because there is the intangible experience factor. Hands up who would pay to see the same thing on YouTube?  Not so many.

I already have.

ebdon 30 Oct 2020
In reply to Kalna_kaza:

I am because I think the KMF is great and I have had loads of fun times attending over the years so I'm happy to support them in this exceptional year. If this means they can survive until more normal times then that's ok with me.

In reply to Kalna_kaza:

I think this is a bit shortsighted. The passes seem like very good value to me, considering the number of unique lectures, sessions and film premieres you'll have access to.

Paying to watch films online is common, whether that's through subscriptions to Netflix or renting films through YouTube.

Post edited at 13:12
 planetmarshall 30 Oct 2020
In reply to Tyler:

> I already have.

Will be turning down the heating and dressing up in my most expensive jeans/down jacket combination.

Paul Evans 31 Oct 2020
In reply to ebdon:

Well put, I've also purchased a ticket and look forward to watching the films.

Yes it will be sad not to wander round, catch up with folk and soak up the atmosphere, but needs must.....

Also, having them online does solve the problem I've always had in the past - that there are two films I want to watch both showing at the same time

Paul

Neil Williams 31 Oct 2020
In reply to Kalna_kaza:

> Hands up who's happy to spend money on attending KMF, going to a gig or watching a film in a cinema. Probably most because there is the intangible experience factor. Hands up who would pay to see the same thing on YouTube?  Not so many.

We need to think about this differently - these are not normal times, and if we can afford it, and we want these businesses and organisations to survive, then we need to support them.  So I'm in.

Wainers44 31 Oct 2020
In reply to Tyler:

Yup us signed up too. Looks like November might be a quiet month so the films are something to look forward to. 

Kalna_kaza 31 Oct 2020
In reply to Neil Williams:

> We need to think about this differently - these are not normal times, and if we can afford it, and we want these businesses and organisations to survive, then we need to support them.  So I'm in.

They seem to think that an online only "festival" is worth the same as a real life festival. £10.75 for an online speaker event, get real.

I'm more than happy to support local businesses, charities and organisations. I just don't see the KMF prices as value for money. Fewer overheads and an inferior product should equal lower prices. 

FactorXXX 01 Nov 2020
In reply to Neil Williams:

> We need to think about this differently - these are not normal times, and if we can afford it, and we want these businesses and organisations to survive, then we need to support them.  So I'm in.

Out of interest, what sort of businesses and organisations wouldn't survive it the event was totally cancelled?

Neil Williams 01 Nov 2020
In reply to Kalna_kaza:

> They seem to think that an online only "festival" is worth the same as a real life festival. £10.75 for an online speaker event, get real.

The business will still have most of its costs unless they e.g. lay people off.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...